Friday, December 13, 2013

Happy Lives

For two days, I prepared a response to an e-mail I received regarding a possible job placement. The deadline was today, December 13, 2013, 5:00 PM.  I am keeping my fingers crossed. Will Friday the 13th bring me good luck? I'll see in a couple of days. Just before writing this piece, one tweet caught my attention. It says, "The mind is everything. What you think you become."- Buddha.  Great words, indeed. I just hope the whole universe will conspire to help me realize my dream. This is a dream to chase and this warrants a blog post after more than a year of hiatus.

While searching for a photo to accompany this blog post, I suddenly opened the old family pictures I compiled back in 2010. I saw the pictures of my great grandfather Mamay Lucas and great grandmother Nanay Anda. They seemed happy and content with the life they lived. Were they able to follow their dreams? Did they chase it? I'll never know that. Nanay Anda and Mamay Lucas, if you're alive now, what would you want me learn to live a fruitful life? I hope your story inspires me to become a better person. 

                   Mamay Lucas and Nanay Anda lived a simple, happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment