Sunday, December 15, 2013

Monday is Exam Day

December 15 marks the first night of the traditional Simbang Gabi in our barangay. This mass is conducted in anticipation of the Misa de Gallo which starts on December 16, 4AM.  There was a big turn out of people in our small chapel considering this year's mass schedule, 9 to 10 PM. Our baranggay is the last place where the priest will celebrate mass. This year's mass schedule is relatively late for many people in our village. People here sleeps early! Even before the mass started today, my Grandmother already had hesitations if she will be able to complete the 9 Simbang Gabi masses.  But there, she went! A tradition is a tradition. It will never cease no matter how "late" the schedule is.
Tomorrow is quite a day! After more than two years, I will be taking a pre-employment examination once again! So say hello to verbal and numerical tests, plus the star of the show, the ever ubiquitous examination "must-have", abstract reasoning tests.  I really can't say I am good at it, but practice does help.  One more stuff that I expect to show up are number series, analogies and synonyms. The vocab test will not be left out for sure! I'll be seeing and reading words which I'll never, ever use in my lifetime.  Well, that's how a pre-employment exam goes here! But if ever I'll be unsure of my answers, I'll just follow someone's advice, "If you don't know the answer, it's either A or C."

Astalavista!

No comments:

Post a Comment